SmithGroup Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship Program
This scholarship includes a one-time award of $6,000 to offset the student's tuition at their current academic institution (5 scholarships are awarded each year). Additionally, the scholarship recipients serve as paid summer interns at SmithGroup offices across the United States.
- Applicants must be current undergraduate (at least a junior level standing) or graduate students in an accredited architecture, interior design, planning, landscape architecture or engineering program in the United States.
- Candidates should have a current GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Candidates who are of Black/African American, Hispanic, Alaskan Native or American Indian, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander or Mixed/Multiple Race/Ethnicity and Women are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Prior to starting your application, please have the following items available:
- Link to online portfolio (for architecture and landscape architecture majors)
- Answer to the question "Describe the importance of diversity in the design world" (in 200 words or less)
Applications will open again for the 2020-2021 academic year in the fall of 2019.