SmithGroup Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship Program
This scholarship includes a one-time award of $6,000 to offset the student's tuition at their current academic institution (5 scholarships will be awarded). Additionally, the scholarship recipient will serve as a paid summer intern at any SmithGroup office in the United States where their discipline is located.
- Applicants must be current undergraduate (at least a junior level standing) or graduate students in an accredited architecture, interior design, planning, landscape architecture or engineering program in the United States.
- Candidates should have a current GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Candidates who are of Black/African American, Hispanic, Alaskan Native or American Indian, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander or Mixed/Multiple Race/Ethnicity and Women are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Prior to starting your application, please have the following items available:
- Link to online portfolio (for architecture and landscape architecture majors)
- Answer to the question "Describe the importance of diversity in the design world" (in 200 words or less)
Applications will be accepted through January 18, 2019 for the 2019-2020 academic year.
You can find the application here.